Thanksgiving is all about being thankful and sharing, last year i decided to find a puppy safe pumpkin pie recipee that i can give to my little ones as a treat on thanksgiving as a gratitude of my love and because why cant puppies celebrate thanksgiving with you? So this is a Pumpkin pie Puppy Treat, but make sure you moderate how many you give them, you dont want them in a little pumpkin pie coma!
- 3 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
(make sure it doesnt contain xylitol in it, some companies have been adding this into the PB)
- 1 Cup Flour
(you can use whatever flour is safe for your pup)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Pumkin Puree
(NOT pumkin pie filling)
- 1 Tspn. Honey
- Pre Heat oven to 350º
- Lighty spray a tray of 24 mini muffin tin with pupy friendly spray.
- Combine PB, Flour, Water and Egg in a bowl and stir well
- Divide the dough evenly throughout the tray, be sure to press to the bottom and up and along the sides.
- Add the honey to the pumkin puree and mix well
- Add your honey pumpkin filling to your crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the tops begin to brown.
- Let the pies cool and serve.
You can place in an airtight container and refrigerate them for a week or you can freeze up to three months. This recipee will make 2 dozen mini puppy pumkin pies so what i like to do is cut the recipee in half or package them and give them to all our puppy friends!